Football Scholarships – 5 Tips to Increase Your Chances
It is not easy to get a football scholarship to play in college. You are competing with thousands of other high school seniors all with the same goal as you. You must be able to separate yourself from your competition and gain a recruiting edge. The margin of those who sign a scholarship and those who don’t is very slim.
Here are 5 Tips that will help you increase your chances for a scholarship:
1. Start early. Gone are the days of waiting until your senior season has ended and waiting for a couple of college coaches to contact you. Successful players are now starting in their sophomore and early in their junior year.
2. Attend summer camps and combines. By selecting the right camps and combines to attend you can go from high school athlete to college recruit in one day. Not all camps and combines are created equal so make sure you choose ones that will maximize your exposure and recruiting potential.
3. Get the best academic grades and test scores possible. Colleges keep raising the minimum that they will grant waivers for athletes. If you graduate with under a 3.0 GPA, you just shut the door on 50% of NCAA schools. It is never too late to increase your grades so make it a priority now.
4. Play multiple sports. College coaches like to see football players who excel in other sports like track, wrestling, lacrosse, baseball and basketball. Athletic diversity shows true raw athletic talent and can make up for minor deficiencies on the football field. Football is a sport where specialization does not matter as much as raw athletic talent.
5. Do it yourself. Handle the recruiting process yourself. This shows much more initiative than a player whose family pays a recruiting service to fax out online profiles and make a fancy highlight tape. College football coaches evaluate much more than your athletic ability. Determination and initiative show a lot towards whether the high school athlete will be a success in college.
There are many other little details that go into making a successful recruiting season. The most important is having the desire and wanting to play in college for the right reasons. If you have a solid strategy for recruiting, you can earn a football scholarship and beat out the thousands of other athletes all fighting for the same spot.
If you want a football scholarship then don’t wait any longer. You must start today. Learn more about what successful high school recruits do every year to sign a national letter of intent and get a football scholarship. Insider recruiting football scholarship tips
More Gday Casino Articles